- Filmmakers from Southeast Asia developing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd feature-film projects only.
- Nationals of the following countries are eligible for SEAFIC participation: Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Brunei, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Passports must be from Southeast Asia (cannot be the resident only).
- All project submissions must have a director and a producer attached along with a realistic budget and a financing plan.
- All projects must have at minimum a first draft script available for evaluation.
- Participants must agree to attend all three sessions within the lab year. Moreover, each project's director and producer must be available to attend the first and final session.
- Applicants can only submit one project per year.
- There are no costs to apply to SEAFIC.
- Projects must not be in pre-production or production during the course of the SEAFIC Lab.
SEAFIC Statement Of Commitment
- SEAFIC aims to advance, strengthen, and refine the quality of feature-length scripts from talented 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-time filmmakers from the region.
- Flight and accommodation costs for one director or screenwriter from each project to attend the three lab sessions shall be covered by SEAFIC.
- Flight and accommodation costs for one producer from each project to participate in the Produire Aud Sud's Southeast Asia producing workshop shall be covered by SEAFIC x PAS. This includes the first session in Chiang Mai and the third session in Bangkok.
- All participants must keep their boarding passes until at least two months after the final session and hand them to SEAFIC. Failure to provide the boarding passes will result in participants reimbursing their flight costs to SEAFIC.
- Our script consultant shall maintain ongoing contact with participants between lab sessions.
- SEAFIC shall publicize its activities and that of its participants with leading international project markets throughout the world. With the filmmakers’ consent, SEAFIC shall work with participants to help place their projects in these project markets.
- SEAFIC shall retain no rights to the developed scripts. However, the participant shall award proper credit to SEAFIC and the script consultant, as further stipulated once the participants are confirmed.